Temple of Venus Monday, March 18th, 1782
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 14 × 19 9/16 inches (35.6 × 49.7 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 12 × 16 1/16 inches (30.5 × 40.8 cm), Sheet: 10 3/16 × 14 3/16 inches (25.9 × 36 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Temple of Venus | Monday March 18th. 1782"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Temple of Venus [Baia Do.]"
Watermark: "J HONIG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Grand Tour | landscape | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Rome
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Classic Ground - British Artists and the Landscape of Italy, 1740-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1981-07-29 - 1981-09-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Duncan Bull, Classic ground : British artists and the landscape of Italy, 1740-1830, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1981, pp. 6, 40-1, no. 45, ND1354.4 B85 (YCBA) [YCBA]