Temple of Venus Monday, March 18th, 1782
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- 14 × 19 9/16 inches (35.6 × 49.7 cm), 12 × 16 1/16 inches (30.5 × 40.8 cm), and 10 3/16 × 14 3/16 inches (25.9 × 36 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower center: "Temple of Venus | Monday March 18th. 1782"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Temple of Venus [Baia Do.]"
Watermark: "J HONIG"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Grand Tour | landscape | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Rome
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir George Howland Beaumont seventh Baronet, 1753–1827, British, Temple of Venus Monday, March 18th, 1782, 1782