Interior of Fort Nicholas, Sebastopol, Crimea
- watercolor and gouache with pen and brown ink over graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 17 1/4 inches (26 x 43.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower left: "Wm Simpson | 1856"
Signed in pen and brown ink lower left: "Wm SImpson | 1856"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | fort | Fortification | interior | military art | soldiers | war
- Associated Places:
- Crimean Peninsula | Sebastopol | Ukraine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Interior of Fort Nicholas, Sebastopol, Crimea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.