Fishing Vessel "Providence" of Scarborough
- Additional Title(s):
Providence of Scarbro
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 16 3/8 inches (25.4 x 41.6 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, lower left, recto: "Providence of Scarbro" and in artist's hand in graphite, lower right, recto: "Cornelius Varley Septr 9 1823"
Watermark, center right: "G PIKE | 1819"
Signed in graphite, lower right, recto: "Cornelius Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | fishing | marine art | mast | ocean | pulleys | rigging | ropes
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Cornelius Varley, 1781–1873, British, Fishing Vessel "Providence" of Scarborough, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.