Study of an Anchor
- Graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 14 7/8 inches (25.4 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, lower center: "Lowestoft 1807 C Varley"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "C Varley 1807"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | marine art | still life
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.