Study of an Anchor
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 x 14 7/8 inches (25.4 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in graphite, lower center: "Lowestoft 1807 C Varley"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "C Varley 1807"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchor | marine art | still life
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Suffolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.