- Sasso di Pelmo as seen from St. Luzia, Tyrol
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on very thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 × 9 7/8 inches (35.2 × 25.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Sasso di Pelmo, Village of [...]"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "No.1"; in pen and brown ink, center: "Sasso di Pelmo | as seen from near St. Luzia <Italy St.Tyral> | Tyrol"; in graphite, lower left: "26"
Signed and dated on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "May 1866 - | Elijah Walton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Elijah Walton, 1832–1880, British, Sasso di Pelmo as seen from St. Luzia, Tyrol, 1866
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.