IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Hotel de Ville, Hague, 1859
Hotel de Ville, Hague
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gouache and graphite, with scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/16 x 12 1/16 inches (40.8 x 30.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "Hotel de Ville. Hague"
signed and dated in pen with brown ink, lower left: "Thos S Boys 1859."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | architectural subject | cart | children | cityscape | clouds | dishes | genre subject | hats | labor | laborers | men | peasants | road | steps | trees | wagon | wheelbarrow | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Europe | The Hague | The Netherlands | Zuid-Holland
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.