- Hotel de Ville, Hague
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gouache and graphite, with scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/16 x 12 1/16 inches (40.8 x 30.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower left: "Hotel de Ville. Hague"
signed and dated in pen with brown ink, lower left: "Thos S Boys 1859."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | architectural subject | cart | children | cityscape | clouds | dishes | genre subject | hats | labor | laborers | men | peasants | road | steps | trees | wagon | wheelbarrow | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Europe | The Hague | The Netherlands | Zuid-Holland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, Hotel de Ville, Hague, 1859
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.