- Studies of a Suit of Armor
- Graphite, watercolor, and gouache on thick, moderately textured, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 16 3/4 x 12 3/4 inches (42.5 x 32.4 cm)
collector's stamp of Henry Scipio Reitlinger, in black ink, verso, lower left
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "EBJ 1875"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | helmets | military art | still life | suits
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Burne-Jones, 1833–1898, British, Studies of a Suit of Armor, 1875
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.