Plymouth Dockyard after the Fire
- Watercolor, with pen, in brown ink, gray ink, graphite, gouache and gum arabic on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 13 11/16 x 20 7/16 inches (34.8 x 51.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Plymouth Dockyard after the Fire | 10"
Collector's mark, verso
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- construction | dockyard | fence | fire | lumber | military base | naval base | officers (military officers) | port | rope | ships | shipyard | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Devon | Devonport | England | Plymouth | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Plymouth Dockyard after the Fire, 1840
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.