- Red-Plumed Bird-of-Paradise (Paradisea Apoda Raggiana), Southeastern New Guinea
- Watercolor with gouache over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 19 1/8 x 13 15/16 inches (48.6 x 35.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "No Ref (underlined) | 18 (encircled) | Red-plumed Bird of Paradise (Paradisea apoda raggiana) | South-eastern New Guinea | LGW"; on back of mount, upper center: "ENGLISH SCHOOL (COLLETT?) | RED-PLUMED BIRD of PARADISE"
collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in black ink, on back, center, within two concentric circles: "PAUL MELLON | COLLECTION"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bird | bird-of-paradise | branch | feathers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Collet, (?), ca. 1725–1780, British, Red-Plumed Bird-of-Paradise (Paradisea Apoda Raggiana), Southeastern New Guinea, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.