Plan of a Chain Bridge Now Being Erected over the Menai at Bangor Ferry
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 × 21 1/2 inches (37.6 × 54.6 cm) and Image: 14 1/16 × 20 3/8 inches (35.7 × 51.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "A Plan of a | Chain Bridge | Now being erected over the Menai | at Bangor Ferry | 1819"
Watermark: "Turkey Mill | J Whatman | 1819"
Dated in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Studio of Thomas Telford, 1757–1834, British, Plan of a Chain Bridge Now Being Erected over the Menai at Bangor Ferry, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.