Plan of a Chain Bridge Now Being Erected over the Menai at Bangor Ferry
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 13/16 × 21 1/2 inches (37.6 × 54.6 cm), Image: 14 1/16 × 20 3/8 inches (35.7 × 51.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "A Plan of a | Chain Bridge | Now being erected over the Menai | at Bangor Ferry | 1819"
Watermark: "Turkey Mill | J Whatman | 1819"
Dated in pen, with brown ink, lower center: "1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Roads to Rails - Revolution in British Transport (Yale Center for British Art, 1992-04-15 - 1992-06-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Elisabeth Fairman, Roads to rails : revolution in British transport, , New Haven, CT, 1992, p. 21, no. 210, HE243 .F25 1992 (YCBA) [YCBA]