IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Richmond, 1809–1896, British, Effigy of a Crusader, Stisted Church, 1824-1896
Effigy of a Crusader, Stisted Church
- Graphite and white gouache on thin, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 19 3/4 inches (34 × 50.2 cm)
Inscribed lower right: "Monument in Stisted Church 8 July"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- crusades | effigies | soldiers | swords
- Associated Places:
- Braintree | England | Sussex
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.