- early 19th century
- Watercolor with gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 10 15/16 x 14 1/2 inches (27.8 x 36.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, center: "Unknown, early 19th c. | (John Linnell, formerly attributed to) | Cattle Watering."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cattle | cows | creek | oxen | stream | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.