- early 19th century
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor with gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 × 14 1/2 inches (27.8 × 36.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, center: "Unknown, early 19th c. | (John Linnell, formerly attributed to) | Cattle Watering."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cattle | cows | creek | oxen | stream | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.