Mine in the Bastion du Mat, Sebastopol, Crimea
- Watercolor and gouache over graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 15 15/16 inches (26.4 x 40.5 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: "Wm Simpson | 1856"
Signed and dated in pen and brown ink lower right: "Wm Simpson 1856"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | mine | soldiers | tools
- Associated Places:
- Crimean Peninsula | Sebastopol | Ukraine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Simpson, 1823–1899, British, Mine in the Bastion du Mat, Sebastopol, Crimea, 1856
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.