unknown artist, eighteenth century, Sketch for the Oil Painting "The Conversion of St. Paul", undated
Sketch for the Oil Painting "The Conversion of St. Paul"
- Pen and brushed black ink, gray wash and gouache on medium, moderately textured, gray laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 × 11 3/4 inches (44.5 × 29.8 cm) and Mount: 21 1/4 x 15 1/8 inches (54 x 38.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | architectural subject | banner | biblical studies | blindness | clouds | conversion and belief | flags | history paintings | horses (animals) | light | religious and mythological subject | spear
- Associated Places:
- England | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.