unknown artist, eighteenth century, Sketch for the Oil Painting "The Conversion of St. Paul", undated
Sketch for the Oil Painting "The Conversion of St. Paul"
- Pen and brushed black ink, gray wash and gouache on medium, moderately textured, gray laid paper
- 17 1/2 × 11 3/4 inches (44.5 × 29.8 cm) and 21 1/4 x 15 1/8 inches (54 x 38.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apostle | architectural subject | banner | biblical studies | blindness | clouds | conversion and belief | flags | history paintings | horses (animals) | light | religious and mythological subject | spear
- Associated Places:
- England | London | St. Paul's Cathedral | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
Paul, the Apostle, St. (c. AD 5–c. AD 67)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.