- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- 9 3/4 × 19 3/8 inches (24.8 × 49.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "J. M. W. TURNER"; on back of mount, center: "UNKNOWN, 19th C. | (Joseph Mallord William Turner, former attrib.) | Conway Castle"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | bridge (built work) | castle | cliffs | coastline | landscape | mountains | river | sailboats | sails
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Conwy | Conwy | Conwy Castle | Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.