IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Architectural Drawing of a Building with Astrological Symbols, undated
Architectural Drawing of a Building with Astrological Symbols
- Pen and black ink, pen and gray ink, graphite, watercolor and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 22 inches (31.1 x 55.9 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite center: <"By Cornelius Varley (or John Varley | from Folio < . . . > | 195 < . . . > | Folio < . . . > Varley"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | astronomy | columns | comets | doors | entryways | moons | motifs | planets | science | stars | suns | symbols | windows
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.