A Cavalry Officer (Henry IV) Leading a Charge Outside a Castle
- Additional Title(s):
Henry V before Harfleur
- Watercolor, graphite and black chalk on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 15 13/16 inches (50.8 × 40.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen, with brown ink, verso, lower left: "IV | [...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | armor | attacking | battle | boots | breeches | bridles | castle | cavalry | cloak | flags | gun (small arm) | hats | horses (animals) | medal | men | military art | officer (military officer) | play | ramparts | rearing (horse) | ribbons | saddle blanket | slashing | soldiers | spurs | stirrups | sword | war
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry William Bunbury, 1750–1811, British, A Cavalry Officer (Henry IV) Leading a Charge Outside a Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.