Stalls in St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 15/16 × 9 9/16 inches (50.6 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Windsor Chapel"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "John Carter"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapels | cushions | designs | Gothic Revival | stalls (religious building fixtures)
- Associated Places:
- St. George's Church | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Stalls in St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.