Stalls in St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 15/16 × 9 9/16 inches (50.6 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Windsor Chapel"; inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "John Carter"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chapels | cushions | designs | Gothic Revival | stalls (religious building fixtures)
- Associated Places:
- St. George's Church | Windsor Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Carter, 1748–1817, British, Stalls in St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.