The Monnow Bridge, Monmouthshire
- Part Of:
- before 1814
- Watercolor and graphite with brown ink and gum arabic on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to image): 15 5/8 × 20 3/8 inches (39.7 × 51.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "6089"; on verso of mount, center: "Prout, Samuel | The Monnow Bridge, Monmouthshire"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | boy | bricks | bridge (built work) | buildings | casement windows | child | chimneys (architectural elements) | gatehouse | genre subject | hats | men | river | rocks (landforms) | trees | woman
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | England | Monmouth | Monmouthshire | Monnow | Monnow Bridge | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Prout, 1783–1852, British, The Monnow Bridge, Monmouthshire, before 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.