- Britten Ferry, Mount Edgecombe
- Watercolor, pen and black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper mounted on thick card
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 inches (30.8 × 43.2 cm) and Mount: 12 3/4 × 17 inches (32.4 × 43.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "2577"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "Britton Ferry, Mount Edgecombe | by Payne"; inscribed on verso in blue ball point pen, lower right: "2577 | Tint- 10. Pale w/[hi...]. | 2 3/4" T+S." Bottom. | 1" Limed Oak."
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "W Payne", not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Payne, active 1850s, British, Britten Ferry, Mount Edgecombe, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.