IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, Welsh Mountain Study, between 1800 and 1809
Welsh Mountain Study
- between 1800 and 1809
- Gouache and watercolor on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 x 19 5/8 inches (22.9 x 49.8 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center left: "375 Mellon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | landscape | mountain | studies
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Oil on Water - Oil Sketches by British Watercolorists (Yale Center for British Art, 1986-08-26 - 1986-11-09) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Art of Paul Sandby (Yale Center for British Art, 1985-04-10 - 1985-06-23) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Malcolm Cormack, Oil on water, oil sketches by British watercolorists , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1986, p. 51, fig. 55, ND467 C67 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.