Romantic Landscape - Peasants at the Foot of a Castle on a Crag
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, black chalk and graphite on medium, cream, slightly textured laid paper mounted on thick, beige, slightly textured laid paper
- Sheet: 15 x 11 1/8 inches (38.1 x 28.3 cm) and Mount: 16 1/2 x 12 3/8 inches (41.9 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "PTD"; in graphite, verso, upper center: "3x"; in graphite, verso, center: "Paul Sandby. R.A | (1725-1809)"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "M34 | 25 x 19 | mount open to line indicated | blue overmount with lime & gold. | A.19368"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- axes | baskets | children | dogs (animals) | landscape | men | mountains | peasants | peasants | romantic | tools | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby RA, 1731–1809, British, Romantic Landscape - Peasants at the Foot of a Castle on a Crag, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.