Romantic Landscape - Peasants at the Foot of a Castle on a Crag
- Watercolor, pen and gray ink, black chalk and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 x 11 1/8 inches (38.1 x 28.3 cm), Mount: 16 1/2 x 12 3/8 inches (41.9 x 31.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "PTD"; in graphite, verso, upper center: "3x"; in graphite, verso, center: "Paul Sandby. R.A | (1725-1809)"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "M34 | 25 x 19 | mount open to line indicated | blue overmount with lime & gold. | A.19368"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- axes | baskets | children | dogs (animals) | landscape | men | mountains | peasants | peasants | romantic | tools | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Paul Sandby, 1731–1809, British, Romantic Landscape - Peasants at the Foot of a Castle on a Crag, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.