- The Start Point, North East by North (one of five drawings on one mount)
- Watercolor, graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slighlty textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (7.9 × 26 cm) and Image: 2 × 9 1/4 inches (5.1 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "The Start Point N.Eby N."Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Plate 1\1\"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | coast | hills | landscapes (representations)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Eleanor Hughes, Spreading Canvas : Eighteenth-Century British Marine Painting, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2016, p. 222, cat. 82, ND 1373.G74 S67 2016 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Thomas Serres, 1759–1825, British, The Start Point, North East by North (one of five drawings on one mount), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.