The South Foreland (one of three drawings on one mount)
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 × 10 1/8 inches (8.6 × 25.7 cm), Image: 1 7/8 × 9 1/2 inches (4.8 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left:"The South Foreland" Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "plate 1(2)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | hills | landscape | sea
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Thomas Serres, 1759–1825, British, The South Foreland (one of three drawings on one mount), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.