IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hablot Knight Browne, 1815–1882, British, One of eighteen designs for a series of plates illustrating Venus and Adonis, undated
One of eighteen designs for a series of plates illustrating Venus and Adonis
- Graphite, brown chalk, watercolor and white gouache on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 6 5/8 × 6 5/8 inches (16.8 × 16.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- begging | dog (animal) | horse (animal) | religious and mythological subject | spears | stopping
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.