Vale of Newlands, Cumberland
- Gray wash, black ink, and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 15/16 × 40 7/16 inches (32.9 × 102.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "Vale of Newlands"; on back, lower right: "Vale of Newlands | Cumberland"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | trees | valley
- Associated Places:
- Cumberland | Cumbria | England | Newlands | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
unknown artist, nineteenth century, Vale of Newlands, Cumberland, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.