- View from Craig-y-Barns, Dunkeld, Looking South
- Watercolor and white gouache over graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 x 21 1/8 inches (35.7 x 53.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "J. H. MOLE: VALLEY VIEW"
Signed and dated in red ink, on front, lower left: "J. H. Mole | 1855"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birch trees | bridge (built work) | city | cliffs | clouds | grass | landscape | mountains | path | pine trees | rocks (landforms) | roots | sunlight | trees | trunks | valley
- Associated Places:
- Craig-y-barns | Dunkeld | Perth and Kinross | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Henry Mole, 1814–1886, British, View from Craig-y-Barns, Dunkeld, Looking South, 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.