Receipt for a Set of Six London Views
- Additional Title(s):
Design for a Bridge
- ca. 1758
- Pen and black ink and gray wash, incised for transfer on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 x 4 5/8in. (11.7 x 11.7cm) and Mount: 5 1/8 × 5 1/8 inches (13 × 13 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Sandby, TH: Design for a Bridge"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | buildings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Sandby RA, 1721–1798, British, Receipt for a Set of Six London Views, ca. 1758
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.