IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, MacBeth: The Banquet Scene - MacBeth, Act II, Scene IV, undated
MacBeth: The Banquet Scene - MacBeth, Act II, Scene IV
- Pen and black ink and watercolor on thin, smooth, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 9 × 9 inches (22.9 × 22.9 cm)
Signed in black ink, lower right: "E.F.B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banquets | goblets | literary theme | lyre | Macbeth, play by William Shakespeare | swords
- Associated People:
- Lady Macbeth (character in Macbeth)
Banquo (character in Macbeth)
Macbeth (character in The Tragedy of Macbeth)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.