But Deliver Us From Evil
- Graphite, gray ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 12 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (31.8 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "<36>"; in graphite, upper center: "No. 10,"; in graphite, center right: "3 feet"; in brown ink, lower left: "J.F. 1805. | but deliver us from Evil"; in graphite, lower center: "1 foot."; in graphite, lower right: "96 (encircled) | N"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "3:"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "J.F. 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acrobats | climbing | figure study | men | nudes | praying | religious and mythological subject | spirits
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.