But Deliver Us From Evil
- Graphite, gray ink, and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (31.8 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "<36>"; in graphite, upper center: "No. 10,"; in graphite, center right: "3 feet"; in brown ink, lower left: "J.F. 1805. | but deliver us from Evil"; in graphite, lower center: "1 foot."; in graphite, lower right: "96 (encircled) | N"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "3:"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "J.F. 1805"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- acrobats | figure study | men | nudes
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.