Cobham Hall, Kent: Section and Ceiling Plan of the Dairy
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Section Lenthways of the Dairy and Plan of the Ceiling
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 21 1/2 inches (34.3 × 54.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center left: "Plan of the Ceiling"; in pen and black ink, upper center: "Section lengthways of the Dairy | Earl of Darnley"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "A" (three times) and "B" (twice); inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Section lengthways of the Dairy | Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, upper right: "No 14 Drawings | Dairy"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (1) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceilings | dairies (non-mechanized) | pointed arches | sectional elevations
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Section and Ceiling Plan of the Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.