Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice Full Size for the Chimney of the Dairy
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice for the Chimney
- Pen and black and brown ink over traces of graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 x 22 3/4 inches (35.6 x 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Cornice for the Chimney"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Cornice full size for the Chimney | of the Dairy | Lord Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (IR93)"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "James Wyatt Arch.t"; dated on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Aug.st 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys (architectural elements) | cornices
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice Full Size for the Chimney of the Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.