Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice Full Size for the Chimney of the Dairy
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice for the Chimney
- Pen and black and brown ink over traces of graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 14 x 22 3/4 inches (35.6 x 57.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center: "Cornice for the Chimney"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper right: "Cornice full size for the Chimney | of the Dairy | Lord Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (IR93)"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "James Wyatt Arch.t"; dated on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Aug.st 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chimneys (architectural elements) | cornices
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Cornice Full Size for the Chimney of the Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.