IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, Fort on a Rocky Outcrop, undated
Fort on a Rocky Outcrop
- Pen and black ink, graphite and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 3/4 × 30 1/8 inches (55.2 × 76.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "J44"
Watermark: "I Taylor" and "GR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | fort | landscape | rocks (landforms)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.