Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The Former Winter Capital of Bhutan at Punakha Dzong, 1783
The Former Winter Capital of Bhutan at Punakha Dzong
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, gouache, graphite, with scratching out and sponging on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Mount: 20 1/8 × 29 3/4 inches (51.1 × 75.6 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 19 5/16 × 29 3/16 inches (49.1 × 74.1 cm), and Image: 17 1/2 × 27 5/16 inches (44.5 × 69.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J54"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | landscape | men | mountains
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.