Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The Former Winter Capital of Bhutan at Punakha Dzong, 1783
The Former Winter Capital of Bhutan at Punakha Dzong
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, brown ink, gouache, graphite, with scratching out and sponging on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, mounted on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- 20 1/8 × 29 3/4 inches (51.1 × 75.6 cm), 19 5/16 × 29 3/16 inches (49.1 × 74.1 cm), and 17 1/2 × 27 5/16 inches (44.5 × 69.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J54"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | landscape | men | mountains
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.