The Hurduar Looking Up the River
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, graphite, and scratching out on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Mount: 21 5/8 × 30 1/2 inches (54.9 × 77.5 cm), Sheet: 21 1/8 × 30 inches (53.7 × 76.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The Hundwar looking up the River"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J49"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | figures | hills | marine art | river
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Samuel Davis, 1757–1819, British, The Hurduar Looking Up the River, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.