- Dr. Syntax Made Free of the Cellar
- Watercolor with pen and brown and gray ink on medium, moderately textured, blued white, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 8 3/8 inches (13.3 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, center: "Bolton Castle | Lord Carlisle"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "[unreadable word or words]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- alcohol | cellar | dispenser | drinking | food | genre subject | men | pour | steps
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Dr. Syntax Made Free of the Cellar, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.