Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Staircase
- Graphite, pen and black ink, black wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 1/2 x 14 inches (49.5 x 35.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper left: "Bed Chamber"; in pen and brown ink, center: "Dressing Room"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Drawing Room"; in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Anti Room"; in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Plan of the One pair of Stairs"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (16) | (IR 93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay windows | bedrooms | dressing rooms | plans (drawings) | stairs | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Staircase, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.