Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Dairy
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Dairy and Rooms for the Use of the Dairy Maid
- Black wash with pen and black ink over traces of graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 20 1/8 inches (36.2 x 51.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Cloyster for the use of | the Dairy Maid | 6 by 18 0"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "Dairy Scullery | 6 by 13"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Bedroom | 6 by 13"; in pen and black ink, center: "Dairy 12 ft by 18 ft"; in pen and black ink, scale bar labeled "0" to "10"; in pen and black ink, center right: "Cloyster | 6 ft by 26.6", in pen and black ink, lower center: "Cloyster 6 ft by 18 ft"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right; "(74/8/14/14)(17) | (IR93)"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "James Wyatt 1794"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bedrooms | cloister | dairies (non-mechanized) | plans (drawings) | sculleries
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Dairy, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.