Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Dairy
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Dairy and Rooms for the Use of the Dairy Maid
- Black wash with pen and black ink over traces of graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/4 x 20 1/8 inches (36.2 x 51.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Cloyster for the use of | the Dairy Maid | 6 by 18 0"; in pen and black ink, upper left: "Dairy Scullery | 6 by 13"; in pen and black ink, lower left: "Bedroom | 6 by 13"; in pen and black ink, center: "Dairy 12 ft by 18 ft"; in pen and black ink, scale bar labeled "0" to "10"; in pen and black ink, center right: "Cloyster | 6 ft by 26.6", in pen and black ink, lower center: "Cloyster 6 ft by 18 ft"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right; "(74/8/14/14)(17) | (IR93)"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "James Wyatt 1794"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bedrooms | cloister | dairies (non-mechanized) | maids | plans (drawings) | sculleries
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Dairy, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.