- Cobham Hall, Kent: Great Dressing Room
- ca. 1790
- Pen and black ink over traces of graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with six fold marks
- Sheet: 13 5/8 x 16 1/4 inches (34.6 x 41.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "Great Dressing Room West Front"; in pen and brown ink, upper right: "from top of Surbase to foot of Architrave"; in pen and brown ink, throughout, dimensions given; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, center: "For the Rigt Hon.ble | The Earl of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (82) | (IR 93)"
watermark in the center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | doorframes | doors | dressing rooms | fireplaces | plans (drawings) | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Great Dressing Room, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.