IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Stove, ca. 1790
Cobham Hall, Kent: Stove
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Design for a Tripod
- ca. 1790
- Graphite; (verso) pen and black ink on medium, moderately textured cream laid paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 12 3/4 x 8 3/8 inches (32.4 x 21.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, center right: "Stove | L.d Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14)(24) | (IR 93)"
watermark on the left
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | designs | griffins | Panthera leo (species) | stove | urns
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.