Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawing for a Border for the Ceiling of the Vesibule
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawing at large for the border marked A in the ceiling of the Vesitbule at Cobham
- ca. 1790
- Black ink over traces of graphite on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 15 1/2 x 21 3/4 inches (39.4 x 55.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Drawing at large for the Border marked A in the | Ceiling of the Vestiuble at Cobham | Earl Darnley"
watermark in the center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- borders (ornament areas) | borders (ornament areas) | ceilings | designs | festoons | vestibules
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Drawing for a Border for the Ceiling of the Vesibule, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.