Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ceiling of the Dairy
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper with two fold marks
- 13 1/2 x 21 7/8 inches (34.3 x 55.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center right: "Plan of the Ceiling"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Moulding marked C"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "0" to "10"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Plan of the Ceiling of the Dairy | Early of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (38) | (IR93)"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Jas. Wyatt Archt."; dated on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Augst. 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | ceilings | dairies (non-mechanized) | molding
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ceiling of the Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.