Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ceiling of the Dairy
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink and watercolor on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper with two fold marks
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 21 7/8 inches (34.3 x 55.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, center right: "Plan of the Ceiling"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "Moulding marked C"; in pen and black ink, lower center: "0" to "10"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Plan of the Ceiling of the Dairy | Early of Darnley"; in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (38) | (IR93)"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Jas. Wyatt Archt."; dated on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "Augst. 1795"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ceilings | dairies (non-mechanized) | molding
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of the Ceiling of the Dairy, 1795
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.