Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Office
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Office Towards the Court when Raised including Alternative Designs for Clock Tower
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 20 1/2 inches (27.3 x 52.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Elevation of the Offices towards the Court when raised"; in black ink, lower center, scale, 1in=6.7ft; in another hand, in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (47) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clocks | columns (architectural elements) | designs | doors | elevations (drawings) | festoons | offices | weathervanes | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Office, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.