Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Office
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Office Towards the Court when Raised including Alternative Designs for Clock Tower
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 x 20 1/2 inches (27.3 x 52.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Elevation of the Offices towards the Court when raised"; in black ink, lower center, scale, 1in=6.7ft; in another hand, in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (47) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | clocks | columns (architectural elements) | designs | doors | elevations (drawings) | festoons | offices | weathervanes | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation of the Office, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.