Cobham Hall, Kent: Design for a Lintel for One End of a Passage
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 13 1/4 x 8 inches (33.7 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, top edge "All the part betwixt a _ b_ c _ d to be new except | the past tinged with Indian ink + than to be made out | of the old [?fan] light"; in pen and brown ink, center, "A Door to be made | here similar in design | to the door on the other | end - of the passage"; in pen and brown ink, throughouth, measurements given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right; "(74/8/14/14) (60) | (IR 93)"
Watermark of a crest with a crown on top in the center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | designs | India ink
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Design for a Lintel for One End of a Passage, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.