Cobham Hall, Kent: Side Elevation
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Elevation showing a window to be blocked up and design for a new roof
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 × 14 1/2 inches (26.4 × 36.8 cm) and Sheet: 5 × 11 inches (12.7 × 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "NB. Window mark'd A to be brick'd up"; in graphite, top right, measurements and calculations given; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (65) | (IR 93)"
watermark, lower center
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brick | chimneys (architectural elements) | elevations (drawings) | roofs | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Side Elevation, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.