Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of the drawing room
- ca. 1790
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor and pink and gray wash, over pen, black ink and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 19 3/4 inches (35.6 × 50.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "Drawing room" "20.[?]" "26.6"; in pen and black ink, upper center (within image): "Only Christ Crucified"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "(74/8/14/14) (67) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | birds | crests | doors | drawing room | fireplace | mantels | marble | sections | urn | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of the drawing room, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.