Cobham Hall, Kent: Bow Window West End of South Wing, and Design for Facade for Roof
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Bow Window West end of the South Wing
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black and brown ink and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/4 x 14 inches (54 x 35.6 cm) and Sheet (flier): 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Bow Window West end of the South Wing"; in black ink, top center: "1587; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right, "(74/8/14/14 (69) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | balcony | bow windows | designs | roof | tower (building division) | window frames | windows
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Bow Window West End of South Wing, and Design for Facade for Roof, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.