Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase from Principal to the Chamber Floor
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Staircase in the Octagon Tower, Plan of the first flight of step, from principal to the chamber floor
- Additional Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent, Staircase on the Octaon Tower; Plan of the Front flight of Steps
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black, brown and pink ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 5/8 x 11 3/4 inches (47.3 x 29.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right, "B | Staircase on the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan of the first flight of steps"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Chamber Floor"; in pen and brown ink, center, stairs numbered "1" to "26" with center point labeled "9 in", "1-0", 9 in"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "B | Plan of Tower Staircase No. 2 | From Principal to the Chamber floor"; in graphite, lower left: "(74/8/14/14) (86) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | octagons | plans (drawings) | staircase | stairs | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase from Principal to the Chamber Floor, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.