- Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase from Principal to the Chamber Floor
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and black, brown and pink ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, with one fold mark
- Sheet: 18 5/8 x 11 3/4 inches (47.3 x 29.8 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, upper right, "B | Staircase on the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan of the first flight of steps"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Chamber Floor"; in pen and brown ink, center, stairs numbered "1" to "26" with center point labeled "9 in", "1-0", 9 in"; inscribed on verso in pen and brown ink, upper left: "B | Plan of Tower Staircase No. 2 | From Principal to the Chamber floor"; in graphite, lower left: "(74/8/14/14) (86) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | octagons | plans (drawings) | staircase | stairs | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase from Principal to the Chamber Floor, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.