- Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase
- ca. 1790
- Watercolor, brown and black ink, pen and graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 12 x 19 inches (30.5 x 48.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "E"; in pen and brown ink, upper left; "Staircase in the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall | Plan from 2 pair stairs landing upwards"; in pen and brown ink, center, stairs numbered "55" to "63"; in graphite, center, stairs labeled "64" to "90"; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper left: "E | Plan of Tower Staircase No 5"; in graphite, lower left; "(74/8/`4/`4) (89) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landings (stair components) | octagons | plans (drawings) | staircase | stairs | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Plan of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.