Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of Tower Staircase
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of the staircase to the observatory in the Octagon tower
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- 18 x 12 5/8 inches (45.7 x 32 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, top left: "H | Section of the Staircase | in the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall"; in pen and black ink, top, center: "Observatory"; in pen and black ink, top right: "4 Pairs Stairs Landing | 3 Pair Stairs Landing"; in pen and black ink, center right: "2 Pair Stairs Landing | Garet Floor"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "1 Pair Stairs Landing"; in pen and black ink along central axis, measurements; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "H | No. 8" "Section of the Staircase to the Observatory"; in graphite, lower right: "(78/8/14/14) (91) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | landings (stair components) | observatories | octagons | sections | stairs | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.