Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of Tower Staircase
- Former Title(s):
Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of the staircase to the observatory in the Octagon tower
- ca. 1790
- Graphite, pen and brown and black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper with one fold mark
- Sheet: 18 x 12 5/8 inches (45.7 x 32 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, top left: "H | Section of the Staircase | in the Octagon Tower | Cobham Hall"; in pen and black ink, top, center: "Observatory"; in pen and black ink, top right: "4 Pairs Stairs Landing | 3 Pair Stairs Landing"; in pen and black ink, center right: "2 Pair Stairs Landing | Garet Floor"; in pen and black ink, lower right: "1 Pair Stairs Landing"; in pen and black ink along central axis, measurements; inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper right: "H | No. 8" "Section of the Staircase to the Observatory"; in graphite, lower right: "(78/8/14/14) (91) | (IR93)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawing & Watercolors-Architectural
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landings (stair components) | observatories | octagons | sections | stairs | stairs
- Associated Places:
- Cobham | Cobham Hall | England | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Wyatt, 1746–1813, British, Cobham Hall, Kent: Section of Tower Staircase, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.